The Department of Ophthalmology
Site：The Department of Ophthalmology
|TEL：(04)2359-2525 ext. 82776、82780|
The Department of Ophthalmology in Taichung Veterans General Hospital is a tertiary referring center divided into eight divisions: Retina, Glaucoma, Cornea, Pediatric ophthalmology, Refraction, Uveitis, Neuro-ophthalmology and Oculoplasty. Under the leadership of Chairman, we have achieved outstanding results in academic research and the provision of clinical services. Instruments and surgical methods improve every day with great advances in medicine. In addition to maintaining the high quality of medical services, as a medical center, we also research new techniques to boost our medical capabilities.
The Ophthalmology Department offers diagnosis and both medical and surgical treatments for:
1. Retina: retinal detachment, vitreous degeneration, diabetes retinopathy and hypertensive retinopathy.
2. Glaucoma: diagnosis and treatment.
3. Cornea: cornea/sclera ulcer, dry eyes, cornea transplantation.
4. Pediatric ophthalmology: diagnosis, correction and surgical treatment.
5. Oculoplasty: diagnosis and surgical treatment of entropion, ectropion, double-fold eyelid, eyelid bags, lacrimal diseases, orbital tumor, and Graves' ophthalmopathy.
6. Cataract: diagnosis and surgical treatment.
7. Uveitis: diagnosis and treatment.
8. Neuro-ophthalmology: diagnosis and treatment.