:::MenuWhat's New Online Registration Patient Guide Features Honors Health Examination Stories International Medical Service Center
|Drug consultation for medicine used after discharge||Pharmacists offering pharmaceutical services|
|Information technology is used to assist in dispensing drugs for in-patients||Drugs provided in the ward from a smart drug cabinet|
- Location：1st Medical Building B1F
- TEL：(04)2359-2525 ext.4621
- Introduction：The Central Pharmacy is responsible for the administration of single-dose prescription for inpatients in the First Medical Building. Among the medical centers in Taiwan, we pioneered in setting up a computerized automatic formulation operation, clinical pharmacy services, and guidance and consultation services for discharged patients’ medication. The staff of the Central Pharmacy includes the head of the department, second-level pharmacists, team leaders, deputy team leaders, clinical pharmacists, pharmacists and technicians. In October 2019, a reconstruction project provided a bright and comfortable working environment.
- Service and Characteristics：
- Continuous pharmacy care services：Before the patient is hospitalized the cloud pharmaceutical history is integrated. After hospitalization the in-patient clinical pharmacist participates in the doctor's rounds. Follow-up evaluation of the prescription drug treatment of the inpatient is carried out., Drug consultation service is offered, and the concentration of the drug in the blood is monitored and tracked, etc. At the end, when the patient is discharged from the hospital, the amount of remaining medicine at home is calculated and the correct usage of medication is advised.
- Innovative and intelligent process："The first-day-medicine bag bar code inspection" assists pharmacists to check prescription problems through information system, and implement drug flow tracking management and monitoring mechanism. The "intelligent mobile dispensing management system" was developed in 2015. The paper work was replaced with a tablet computer which simplifies and replaces the pharmacist's manual dispensing operation in routine medication, and the electronic paper is used to display the medicine box of a single-dose drug cart, where patient information is automatically updated, reducing the time and possible errors for pharmacists to write manual labels. In 2017, a smart medicine cabinet in the intensive care unit for drug delivery was first introduced in Taiwan, integrating the doctor's prescription and immediate, correct and safe drug delivery services. An " adverse drug reaction alerting system" was also established to report adverse drug reactions in the hospital and the cloud system. It also makes annotations for special diseases and gene testing results. In addition, a "drug interaction simulation system is installed to check the use of drugs, With a warning function, it can prevent allergic drugs from being prescribed and ensure the safety of patients' medication.